My Cart

Close

Coming down - -

Posted on September 01 2018

Hope everyone who fished the last two days did well.  After six days battling the high water, diminishing  hatches and the absence of adult fish feeding on top, I took the last two days off.

Looked at the flows this morning expecting them to be cut back.  Cannonsville was reduced by 100 CFS yesterday but remained at about 1400 today.  Pepacton held steady just under 700 CFS.  It's 7:30 pm on Saturday evening and I just looked at Cannonsville and they have dropped it another 100 CFS.

The 200 CFS drop is not enough to open up the WB and BR to wading but it is a start.  The gradual (stepped down) reduction will give the nymphs and other stream life time to relocate.  Assuming (always dangerous) that the flow reduction will continue on a  slow and gradual basis, wading opportunities will increase daily.

Will a 200 CFS reduction get me in the car tomorrow?  Probably not.  I don't want to battle Mondays holiday weekend traffic so my return to the river will probably have to wait until Tuesday.

But then, you never know.

0 comments

Leave a comment

Join our Mailing List

Sign up to receive our Newsletter!

My Cart

Subtotal: $ 0.00

Your cart is currently empty.