Posted on June 09 2016
A host of prizes were given away during the 2016 Fly Fishing Show tour. Robert Gigon was the grand prize winner at the Somerset show, winning a nine day trip to Turneffe Flats, El Pescador Lodge and Belize River Lodge in Belize.
Read more in the press release below.
2016 Fly Fishing Show Prize Winners
SOMERSET, Penn. – Robert Gigon, Cranford, NJ, was the Grand Prize winner of a $10,561 nine day trip to three lodges in Belize at the 2016 Fly Fishing Show in Somerset, NJ. The Best of Belize trip was donated by Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures for Turneffe Flats, El Pescador Lodge and Belize River Lodge in the Central American country.
Other major Fly Fishing Show door prize winners included:
- Jeremy Branch, Lafayette, Calif., Tsimane Lodge, Bolivia, $7,600; Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show.
- Scott Smith, East Wenatchee, Wash., Pesca Maya Fishing Lodge, Yucatan Mexico, $5,524; Lynnwood Fly Fishing Show.
- Robert MacLeod, Livermore, Calif., EPIC Angling & Adventure trip to Alaska, $5,450; Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show.
- Sara Cary, Johnson City, NY. Restigouche River Lodge, New Brunswick, Canada, $5,000; Somerset Fly Fishing Show.
- Kris Thurman, Cheyenne, Wyo., Reel Action Lodge, Alaska, $5,000; Denver Fly Fishing Show.
- Dan Foley, Chalfont, Penn., Pira Lodge, Argentina, $3,750; Somerset Fly Fishing Show.
- David Horky, McLean, NC, Tarpon Caye Lodge, Placentia, Belize, $3,600; Winston-Salem Fly Fishing Show.
- David Braica, Salem, NH, Slippery Winds Wilderness Lodge, Northwestern Ontario, Canada, $2,990; Marlborough Fly Fishing Show.
- Scot Korac, Westminster, Colo., Bighorn River with Bighorn Angler, $2,240; Denver Fly Fishing Show.
- Spencer Fuller, Aurora, Colo., Davidson River Outfitters, Brevard, NC, $1,200; Denver Fly Fishing Show.
- Dave Sterner, Schulykill Haven, Penn., WaterMaster inflatable boat, $1,595; Lancaster Fly Fishing Show.
- Eric Earl, Rochester, NH, Soaring Eagle Lodge, San Juan River, New Mexico, $1,545; Marlborough Fly Fishing Show.
- Chuck Mills, Louisville, Colo., Fisheads San Juan River Lodge, New Mexico, $1,500, Denver Fly Fishing Show.
- Chris Bird, Cumberland, MD, Douglaston Salmon Run on the Salmon River, $1,340; Lancaster Fly Fishing Show.
- Jim Jensen, Honey Brook, Penn., Tungnaa River, Iceland, $1,200; Somerset Fly Fishing Show.
- Rich Lawson, Castle Pines, Colo., two day North Plate River float trip, $1,100; Denver Fly Fishing Show.
- Lucy Hart, Concord, Calif., First Choice Outfitters two days of guided Northern California fly fishing, $1,100; Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show.
- Bill Litty, Downington, Penn., three nights lodging with Wetherby’s, $1,200; Lancaster Fly Fishing Show.
- Bill O’Kelly, Newbury Park, Calif., Block Island Fly Fishing, New Shoreham, Rhode Island, $1,000; Somerset Fly Fishing Show.
Total amount of door prizes at the seven nationwide Fly Fishing Shows was in excess of $56,000. Winners were drawn at random from show attendees who registered.
531 North Center Ave. – Suite 102
Somerset, PA 15501
Ben Furimsky, Pres.
(814) 443-3943 fax