Posted on May 16 2016
The Utah Stream Access Coalition and the Public Land/Water Association have been announced as new grant recipients from The AFFTA Fisheries Fund.
Read more in the press release below.
AFFTA Fisheries Fund Announces New Grant Recipients
The Utah Stream Access Coalition works to restore and enforce the right of the public to access public waters as recognized and protected by the Utah Constitution, the Public Trust doctrine, and long-standing Utah Supreme Court jurisprudence; and to seek recognition of the public ownership of the beds of navigable waterways in the State of Utah. The organization was granted $5,000 to support their fight for river and stream access.
The Public Land / Water Access Association’s mission hits close to home for AFFTA’s Montana staff. “The mission of PLWA is to maintain, restore, and perpetuate public access to the boundaries of all Montana public land and waters.” Public land access objectives include:
- Educating and informing the public on their ownership and access rights.
- Monitoring public access routes and identifying access problems.
- Initiating legal action when access has been illegally blocked.
- Monitoring public land sales exchanges, and purchases to insure that no transfers are made without full consideration of conservation and recreational values.
- Initiating programs and policies to expand public land and water access.
- Pursuing every legal and ethical avenue to protect and maintain your access to public lands and waters.
We are always on the lookout for organizations and projects that would be a good fit for the AFFTA Fisheries Fund. Please email email@example.com for more information.