Posted on October 29 2021
Angling Destinations, based out of Sheridan, Wyoming has an immediate, full-time position in a team-oriented office environment coordinating all logistics and reservations associated with planned, custom travel/fishing trip itineraries. We offer a team-focused, business-minded setting with a work hard, play hard attitude and penchant to succeed. We are seeking a motivated employee to join our team and help grow our business. We are looking for team players who are highly motivated have strong communication skills and are adaptable.
$40,000 and up – depending on experience.
Discount at the Fly Shop of the Bighorns – our retail store.
Discounts with Rock Creek Anglers – our Wyoming fly-fishing guide service.
Paid annual vacation.
Opportunities for paid annual travel fishing trips.
Paid continuing education program.
Optional 401k plan
Who is Angling Destinations:
Since 1989, Angling Destinations has been orchestrating travel fishing trips/excursions for discerning anglers the world over. Fishing travel is at our core and a passion for fishing drives us. Our unique and personable offerings are tailored to be memorable and are focused on the fishing. We’re not into fancy brochures and glitzy websites but if you want expert knowledge and advice, and to talk to a fisherman when planning your fishing trip, Angling Destinations’ adventures are crafted by fishermen for fishermen.
Qualified candidates will serve as the primary contact and coordinate group travel to a variety of fly-fishing destinations all over the world. They will serve as the dedicated liaison between the client and Angling Destinations to create a streamlined process, provide travel support and centralize all necessary requests and travel logistics. Candidates are career-oriented and motivated to play an essential role in a growing company. Proven customer service experience, a strong aptitude for multi-tasking, and creative, critical thinking are crucial. Equally important is the ability to comfortably work within a small team of coworkers. Candidates must be good with numbers – they will be calculating commissions, margins, and assessing fees and taxes. Past administrative office experience is most useful as is a keen knowledge and understanding of the sport of fly-fishing and what’s involved in orchestrating travel fly-fishing excursions. Personal accountability for accuracy is highly important. The ideal candidate brings excellent communication and writing skills and a high degree of attention to detail.
Candidates will be responsible for reserving, managing, and assisting in the planning, logistics and production of custom fly-fishing trips. This includes but is not limited to the following:
– Contribute to overall and standard office duties, including running the phones, responding efficiently to customer inquiries – phone or email, customer relations, customer service, and organization of all day-to-day office operations.
– Create, manage and organize customer’s accommodations, requested guides, modes of transportation(s) and necessary customer requests/restrictions for current and future trips.
– Establish and develop strong, positive, working relationships with provider fishing lodges/outfitters, including the negotiation of future terms, commissions and contracts as well as communicate with lodges/outfitters for available trip dates and confirm all reservations.
– Manage written and oral correspondence to liaise between clients, lodges/outfitters and internal Angling Destinations departments. Including sending appropriate funds to lodges/outfitters/operators when deposits/final payments are required as well as invoicing and requesting payments from customers in an efficient and timely manner coordinated with pre-arranged payment schedule.
– Maintain accurate and current information related to travel experiences within the company using company systems as well as organizational practices that help to enhance the operation of the company.
– Organize and update web information, photos, rates, pertinent details on a regular basis for each of Angling Destinations’ offerings.
– Create initial trip invoices and direct the distribution of initial pre-trip planning packets and proof all trip itineraries.
– Facilitate and enhance the delivery and communication of client travel information/logistics including communication with lodges/outfitters regarding all client concerns and requests.
– Create, evaluate, process, and fulfill client travel documents by consistently following current methods of operation/procedures to maximize and streamline the preparation and delivery of fly-fishing travel experiences for the customer as well as organize relevant information within the Angling Destinations’ organization as to where we are on any given trip for any given customer.
– Confirm and clearly communicate reservations and trip details prior to departure as well as upon the customer’s return in order to ensure seamless execution and followthrough of planned itinerary.
– Candidates must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree with at least one year of previous office experience as well as experience in travel and tourism – particularly the travel fishing industry with a focus on fly-fishing travel.
– Candidates must have excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills as well as exhibit patience when necessary, and be able to interact with many different types of people. They must also have the ability to display sound judgment and be able to work under pressure/deadlines while displaying a high level of attention to detail, and an efficient work ethic.
– Must display proficiency with Mac based computer systems. Including but not limited to: Numbers, Pages, Word, Excel, Photoshop, Quickbooks, Dropbox, Web-based reservations systems, retail Point of Sale systems, iPad payment gateways, e-commerce platforms/systems, back-end website and e-blast providers such as Mail Chimp, Drupal and Word Press.
– Candidates must be able to assist the marketing team to develop and implement a marketing and outreach plan including developing new marketing materials, maintaining updates to the website, implementing organized and targeted e-mail marketing blasts to help aid in raising the market-profile of Angling Destinations. This should include, but not be limited to: blog updates, social media posts and e-blast newsletters with regular frequency.
– Candidates must have above average communication skills, both verbal and written. They must exhibit excellent grammar and good writing abilities. Candidates must have excellent telephone communication skills/demeanor and display the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and consistently with confidence while consistently being able to exhibit a positive “can-do” attitude.
– Candidates must display comprehensive domestic and international fishing destination and lodge/outfitter location/destination knowledge.
|How to Apply / Contact|
Interested candidates to send a cover letter along with a resumé to:
Sheridan, WY 82801
or via e-mail to: