Posted on August 16 2011
Judging by the number of folks we’re hearing from recently, an awful lot of you are in the middle of planning your bonefishing trips for the upcoming season.
One very important part of trip planning is getting your gear ready to go, so we figured it was a good time for a roundup of some of our most popular posts about gear for bonefishing.
Top 10 Posts on Bonefishing Gear
- Bonefish Flies – 5 Favorites for South Andros. If you bring these 5, you’ll be fine.
- How to Pack for Your Day of Bonefishing. What goes on your person, in your pack and in your boat bag.
- Sage Xi3 Field Test. Our original test was on Puget Sound, but it’s a go-to for Andros.
- Veverka’s Mantis Shrimp. Bob Veverka himself wrote up this background on his legendary fly.
- 7 Reasons This Fly Works on South Andros Island. We take one fly that works and tell you why it does.
- Smith Ignitor Lens. It’s our current favorite lens for the flats.
- Reels for Bonefishing – 5 Things to Look For. No explanation needed.
- Bonefish Leader Design and Construction Video. Watch this if you haven’t already! It’s incredibly informative no matter how much you think you know.
- Barracuda Flies for the Bahamas. It’s another Bruce Chard video, back to back.
- Your Quiver for South Andros. We break down the must-have, nice-to-have and dream rods for our fishery.