Posted on November 13 2016
Cheeky Fishing has announced their search for an Associate Business Manager. The position would be based in Arlington, Massachusetts.
Read more in the press release below.
Cheeky Fishing Hiring Associate Business Manager
From Cheeky Fishing:
Associate Business Manager, Cheeky Fishing
Founded in 2009, Cheeky Fishing develops, manufactures, markets and sells high performance fishing reels, equipment and apparel. The company is dedicated to pushing the limits of product design to create fishing equipment that specifically aligns with the demands of a growing demographic of progressive fishermen. To that end, the Company launched a second brand in 2014, Wingo Belts, a manufacturer of belts, accessories and pet products geared towards outdoor and fishing enthusiasts. Cheeky Fishing and Wingo Belts are co-located and run side-by-side; the Associate Business Manager role contributes to both brands.
Cheeky and Wingo currently distribute product to six continents through a robust dealer network of specialty fishing and “Big Box” retailers, as well as an online direct-to-consumer platform. The Company is operated by a 3-person team, including the ABM. Our company culture values a professional and responsible “work hard, play hard” mentality and a relentless passion for business growth.
Cheeky Fishing and Wingo Belts are seeking an Associate Business Manager (ABM) who will assume a leadership role in the company and assist the CEO in managing day-to-day business operations. This position is ideal for individuals who are seeking a position in the outdoors industry and who thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment. The ABM position is demanding and provides an opportunity to learn and develop a wide variety of business skills.
A strong applicant would flourish in an entrepreneurial setting, have exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, and an ability to manage and tackle multiple projects simultaneously and independently. It is critical that the individual is highly motivated and has the ability to proactively and independently seek out projects and opportunities to grow the business.
The ABM will be exposed to and will lead efforts in a wide variety of business functions including marketing, sales, operations, distribution and customer service. While the ABM will work with the CEO daily and receive feedback and guidance, the CEO will rely on the ABM to lead projects independently.
On average, the ABM position requires 50-60 hours per week, but the right candidate will be willing to put the time in necessary to get the job done, including some nights and weekends. Some travel will also be required, particularly relating to fishing/outdoors events and trade shows.
The ABM and the CEO will work together regularly to drive business growth and development. Together, they will manage all day-to-day business operations as well as higher level strategy and vision for the business.
The ABM will spend approximately 30-40% of their time on responsibilities that arise in the daily course of business, which could include anything from customer service to sales calls to website content development to something as trivial as a trip to the post office. The right candidate will be ready to roll up their sleeves and tackle the daily tasks of a small business.
The remaining 60-70% of the ABM’s time will be spent on higher level projects related to marketing/events, sales, general operations and industry relations. The role may be adapted to a particular candidate’s strengths; specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing marketing and website content and other promotional/advertising materials
- Attending and managing trade shows, events and PR opportunities for the company
- Managing social media and brand messaging through a variety of platforms
- Developing and executing against a sophisticated, metric-based marketing plan for all of the above
- Account management and acquisition of new accounts. The ABM will be expected to meaningfully contribute to Cheeky/Wingo’s network of dealers
- Sales calls with prospective customers
- Invoicing, A/R, and other sales logistics
- Inventory forecasting and product/supply management
- Warehouse management, including shipping and fulfillment
- Warranty and service oversight
- New product development and testing
Industry Relations and Customer Service
- Daily email communication with customers, including management of the company’s general customer service email account
- Daily phone communication with customers
- Professionally and knowledgably representing the company at events
- Working with guides, fishing shops, industry influencers and other industry members to proactively expose Cheeky to a broader audience
Qualifications and Experience:
While the ABM position is challenging and requires a passion for business and fishing, we do not expect candidates to have prior experience in every area listed above. The ABM position is an opportunity to develop and learn new skills with the mentorship of seasoned entrepreneurs who have graduate business degrees from the world’s leading universities.
Other experience/requirements include but are not limited to:
- Relevant work experience in an analytical or entrepreneurial role
- A passion for both business and fishing
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills and uncompromising ethics
- Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to role up sleeves and “get stuff done”
- Motivated by success in an entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinker and team player
- Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Design, photo, and/or film experience is a plus, but not required
Please submit both a resume and cover letter to email@example.com as soon as possible. All applicants will be reviewed by Cheeky Fishing immediately and interviews will take place on a rolling basis.