Posted on April 07 2011
Lots of folks are in the middle of planning summer fishing trips to Alaska right now, and therefore lots of folks are asking lots of questions about which rods they should buy/pack/borrow to take with them on their trip to Alaska.
We’ve written quite a lot on the topic of which fly rods you should fish in Alaska, and today we’ve got a little roundup on just that topic!
Fly Rods for Alaska
We have a series on rod ‘quivers’ – which sets of rods you should bring up when. We’ll start with quivers for each of the three primary parts of our season, and this is your best place to start.
- Alaska King Salmon Season – Your Quiver
- Late July in Alaska – Your Quiver
- August in Alaska – Once More, Your Quiver
Obvious, right? Reviews we’ve written of fly rods that you can fish in Alaska.
All the detail on how expert anglers arm themselves when they fish the 49th state.
- Rick Sisler’s Rainbow Rig
- Charles St. Pierre’s King Rig
- Michael White’s King Rig
- Brian Niska’s King Rig
- Dec Hogan’s King Rig
- George Cook’s King Rig
- Ed Ward’s King Rig
- Tom Larimer’s King Rig
- Jeff Hickman’s King Rig
More on Rods for Alaska
Just a couple more articles we thought would be interesting.
- Spey Fishing for Trout – Gear – Simple – gear to use when spey fishing for trout in Alaska.
- Favorite Trout Rod Results – Results of our poll on our readers’ favorite trout rods.