Posted on January 10 2020
From Douglas Outdoors:
We are excited to announce the arrival of the latest member of the Douglas Fly Rod Family… the SKY G! Available in January 2020, we are rolling out the 5wt followed by a 4wt and a 8wt in March and others thereafter. The SKY G offers unprecedented accuracy at every distance and will prove to be a true game changer.
The all new Sky G’s blanks are composed with G-Tec platelets. G-Tec embodies some pretty incredible properties. It is an amazing conductor of energy which translates to noticeably smooth, powerful but effortless cast.
Even more impressive, G-Tec is comprised of one of the strongest materials known to man! It’s 10 times stronger then steel with only 5% of its density. And because G-Tec is so strong— it requires less composite materials to construct the blank, which results in a lighter rod, with an increased sensitivity, and an improved swing weight. Its strength is also responsible for superior accuracy through increased dampening and recovery. All in all the SKY G is in a class of its own and just an absolute pleasure to cast. That covers the blank!
When it comes to components, the SKY G continues the trend of top-of-the-line, high performance and innovation…
- REC Titanium shape memory Cerecoil striper guides with zirconia inserts
- REC Titanium recoil shape memory guides
- AAAA floor grade cork
- Skeletonized aluminum reel seat, with double uplocking rings and nylon bushings
- Burled blackwood inserts
- Glare resistant matte platinum colored rod blank
- Alignment dots and rod line weights on each section
- Premium plush, moisture wicking rod sock and lightweight powder coated aluminum tube
Lifetime warranty on all Douglas fly rods