Posted on August 16 2016
The American Fly Fishing Trade Association (AFFTA) recently held its board of directors election, where more than 35 percent of eligible AFFTA member cast a ballot, the highest participation in several years.
Board members will begin serving their three-year terms at the October 16, 2016 AFFTA Board meeting. Newly elected and reelected officials, include:
- Colby Trow, Mossy Creek Fly Fishing, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Jen Lavigne, Waterworks-Lamson, Hailey, Idaho
- Sam Lundgren, Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, Missoula, Montana
- Brent Bauer, Umpqua, Louisville, CO
- Lise Lozelle, Maven Fly, Austin, Texas
Following the election, AFFTA Chairman Tucker Ladd congratulated the winners and noted that the higher voter turnout numbers are indicative of AFFTA’s increasing relevance and importance to the fly-fishing industry as a whole.
“I also want to thank all of those that ran in this year’s election,” he added. “Your willingness to support your industry will certainly not go unnoticed.”