Posted on July 22 2016
Bauer has announced the release of their new SST fly reel, which combines large arbor spool and frame design with fully sealed zero-backlash carbon fiber drag.
Read more in the press release below.
New From Bauer Fly Reels – The New SST
Striking Design, Awesome Performance
Introducing the NEW Bauer SST. The SST fly reel combines an elegant and striking fresh colorful style with a beautiful new large arbor spool and frame design. Inside, the new SST reels utilize Bauer’s industry-leading fully sealed zero-backlash carbon fiber drag for incredible performance. These new premium reels come in a spectacular clear silver aluminum finish with a choice of a colorful new star drag dials in a choice of 8 stunning colors. Bauer revolutionized fly reel design with the introduction of their unique large arbor fly reel in 1995 and the new SST precision-manufactured reels continue the tradition of Bauer innovation as the “Swiss watch of fly reels.”
- SST reels feature a beautiful new narrow profile frame with multi-sized porting.
- New large arbor spool rotates on sealed, precision stainless steel ball bearings with a silk-smooth star drag adjustment.
- Fully sealed incredibly smooth carbon fiber drag system delivers exceptional performance at all settings and requires no maintenance.
- Available for 2wt through 8wt lines with our new simplified SST line-naming protocol (e.g,. the SST 3 is ideal for a 3-weight line, the SST 4 is ideal for a 4-weight line, etc). However, each SST reel can also be comfortably used for one line size smaller or larger, depending on the user’s preference.
- Sizes: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (for 2-weight through 9-weight fly lines)
- Colors: Available in either Clear Silver Anodized Aluminum with choice of several beautiful Star Drag dial colors, or in all jet black.
- Star Drag Dial: Clear Anodized Aluminum SST Reels can be ordered with Star Drag dial in Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Black, or Clear. Light Blue or Pink available with preorder and an additional $25 charge.
- Hub: Red hub color is standard. Additional Hub colors of Gold, Blue or Clear are available with preorder and an additional $25 charge
- Suggested Retail Price: – $355 – $525