Posted on July 02 2018
RIO Products has announced new lines and leaders for 2019. Covering the needs of both fresh and saltwater anglers, the new products will be featured at the upcoming IFTD show, July 11-13, 2018, in Orlando, Florida.
Read more in the press release below.
New RIO Products for 2019
IDAHO FALLS, IDAHO (June 27, 2018) – RIO Products continues innovating new lines and leaders to keep anglers at the top of their game in both fresh and saltwater. Read about the new products below or see them at EFTTEX (booth CP13) June 28 – 30 and IFTD (booth 5182) July 11-13.
- The RIO Creek line is designed for small creeks and streams with a taper design that loads at close range but has enough body and head length when a longer cast is needed. It is ideal for nymphs, dries and small streamers, and its supple, coldwater core provides tangle-free performance. RIO’s MaxFloat Tip ensures the line does not sink. Available in WF0-WF4F options in green/yellow coloration for $79.99.
- The InTouch Big Nasty Sink Tip line is a multiple density sink tip line designed to cast large and heavy flies thanks to its front-loaded weight distribution and ultra-low stretch ConnectCore. The seamless blend of three or four densities ensures a smooth transition of energy when casting and the best depth control while fishing. It is available in float/hover/intermediate (F/H/I), float/hover/intermediate/sink 3 F/H/I/S3), and a float/intermediate/sink 3/sink 5 design (F/I/S3/S5). The different densities are designed to give anglers the option of fishing at different depths, with the F/H/I an ideal choice for fishing in the top two feet of the water column, the F/H/I/S3 a great line for fishing 2-4 feet in depth, and the F/I/S3/S5 being perfect for fishing between 4-8 feet in depth. Available in August for $99.99.
- For anglers heading deep into the jungle in pursuit of peacock bass, dorado, or pacu, the DirectCore Jungle Series from RIO is the line of choice. Its powerful front taper delivers large flies with ease, while the easy annealing, low-memory core lays perfectly straight. The hard, tropical coating ensures it will not wilt in the extreme heat. There is a full floating line option and a F/I that has a floating running line with a 30-foot intermediate head with 10-feet of that being clear. The F/S3 is a floating line with the front 20-feet being type 3 sinking (3-4ips). The F/S6 is a floating line with the front 20-feet being a type 6 sinking line (6-7ips). Available at RIO dealers in August for $119.99.
- Trout anglers can make an easy choice for leader selection with RIO’s Powerflex Trout Selection. This selection pack contains three different 9-foot trout leaders each being one of the most popular sizes. Consumers can choose between two selections: a 9ft – 3X, 4X, and 5X leader, and the other with a 9ft – 4X, 5X, and 6X leader in. MSRP $12.99.
- RIO also adds a new length in its popular Fluoroflex Trout Leaderswith 7.5-foot lengths from 5X to 0X for $14.99.
- After the successful introduction of the DirectCore Flats Pro saltwater lines, RIO adds the DirectCore Bonefish line with a long head and rear taper for maximum casting versatility and a mid-length front taper to produce great turnover and easy presentation of typical bonefish flies. Available in WF6F through WF9F, this line retails for $119.99 in a sand/orange/blue colorway.
- Due to popular demand, RIO has added two new sizes to the DirectCore Flats Pro StealthTipseries with a new WF6F/I and WF7F/I available in August for $119.99.
For two-handed anglers:
- RIO introduces the InTouch Skagit Max Game Changer to offer two-handed anglers easy-casting, multiple density Skagit heads for large flies and sink tips ideal for depth and casting control. Say goodbye to weak casts and poor turnover with these killer heads thanks to the multiple densities for smooth transitions when casting and incredible depth control while fishing. Available in F/H/I in 425 grains through 725 grains, F/H/I/S3 and F/I/S3/S5 in the same grain weights for $59.99.
- The new InTouch Trout Spey line is ideal for two-handed trout Spey rods and single-handed rods thanks to the short head and seamlessly integrated running line. Anglers can attach regular leaders or VersiLeaders to the front making them ideal for nymph and indicator rigs as well as soft hackles and small streamers. Available in 230, 265, 305, and 350 grains for $99.99.
- RIO’s new InTouch Trout Spey Shooting Head has a very easy casting short head for anglers using light two-handed trout Spey rods and single-handed rods. Attach a shooting line for the best performance to the heads that come in 230, 265, 305, and 350 grain weight heads for a retail price of $49.99.
- For trout Spey anglers fishing big flies and sink tips, RIO introduces the InTouch Skagit Trout Spey line with its short, powerful front taper. Ideal for swinging flies and stripping streamers, this line comes in 225, 275, 325, and 375 grains for a retail price of $99.99.
- Two-handed anglers looking for an all-around shooting head for trout Spey rods should look to the InTouch Skagit Trout Spey Shooting Head. Available in 200 grains through 375 grains, this short shooting head will throw big flies and fast sinking tips with ease. Pair with a shooting line and front tip for best fishability. MSRP: $49.99.
- The InTouch Skagit Trout Spey VersiTip offer a complete system for casting big flies and sink tips on trout Spey rods. Each box contains a shooting head with a balanced set of tips and a shooting line and is available in 225, 275, 325, and 375 grains for $179.99.
- For anglers looking for a new shooting line, RIO offers the ConnectCore Metered Shooting Line. A color change occurs every 10-feet for easy casting distance calculations while out on the water. In addition, a short front taper allows for longer flight times and better turnover when attached to a shooting head. MSRP: $59.99.
- RIO’s Fly Clipscreate a fast, easy connection to allow anglers to change flies quickly, and to prevent leaders and tippet sections from getting too short. There are two types available; RIO’s Fly Clips are simple clip-on/clip-off links that are good on smaller flies between sizes 4-16 (depending on clip size). The larger Twist Clips require a simple twist-on/twist-off operation and are ideal for bigger flies between 1/0-10. Multiple clip sizes of both styles ensure there is a clip size suitable for most fly sizes. Available in 10-packs in three sizes in black or bronze for $3.99 for the Fly Clips and $5.99 for the Twist Clips.
- Anglers looking for a subtle strike indicator should look no further than the Kahuna LT. It is a highly sensitive, gentle presentation indicator made of a piece of high-floating fly line with the core removed. Break off the desired length and thread the leader through the tunnel. Each packet contains a simple wire threader to make this easier and come three to a pack in chartreuse, orange, and white in thick and thin options for $9.99.
- In addition, RIO adds nine new colors of braided multifilament Backing. They are now offered in green, black, orange, pink, purple, red, light blue, dark blue, and yellow in 5,000-yard quantities for $179.99 for 20-pounds and $214.99 for 30-pounds. There is also a new braided multifilament 2-Tone Backingin red/yellow in 30-pounds in 2,400-yards for $199.99.
About RIO Products:
RIO is a pioneer in developing fly lines, leaders and tippet material to enhance fly fishing experiences across the globe. Offering premium fly lines for both freshwater and saltwater fishing applications, RIO consistently utilizes field experience and scientific testing to create the best products on the market for anglers. Founded 20 years ago in the mountains of Idaho, RIO continues to develop innovative products, design revolutionary tapers and refine performance-driven fly line technologies. For more information about RIO Products, please visitwww.rioproducts.com. Connect with us through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ and Vimeo.