My Cart


No Decision yet on Delaware River Reservoir Plan

Posted on May 31 2017

As of 5pm today, 5/31/17, there is still no final outcome for the Delaware River reservoir management plan.

We’re told that the Decree Party Principals met this morning and most of the conversation was about the details of a reversion to Revision 1.

We’re also told that 4 of the 5 Decree Parties (NY, PA, DE, NYC) have already signed a one year extension of the current FFMP but New Jersey continues to hold out.

If New Jersey does not sign the one year extension agreement before midnight tonight, Revision 1 automatically takes effect tomorrow.

Under Revision 1, the release schedule from Cannonsville reservoir will be:

April 1 – June 14: 45 cfs
June 15 – August 15: 325 cfs
August 16 – October 31: 45 cfs
November 1 – March 31:  33 cfs

The release schedule from Pepacton reservoir will be:

April 1 – October 31: 70 cfs
November 1 – March 31: 50 cfs

There has been significant rain in the upper watershed and the reservoirs are predicted to spill through the weekend. The spills, the rain, and cool air temperatures may temporarily disguise the impacts of the low releases but their effect will eventually be evident.

Thanks to everybody who made calls, sent emails, and wrote letters to your Governor and Decree Party Principal. At the moment, it’s difficult to say how well they listened but we can tell you our collective voice was heard.

We will let you know as soon as we hear anything.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Join our Mailing List

Sign up to receive our Newsletter!

My Cart

Subtotal: $ 0.00

Your cart is currently empty.