Posted on April 04 2017
Wait, what? But it’s 2017! You’re right, we knew we couldn’t get anything past you.
We’ve been writing about fly fishing for quite some time now, and considering how many new readers we see stop by each month (thanks for reading our blog!), every now and then we like to take a day to round up a few popular posts from the past.
Today is one of those days, and we’re coming at you with ten of our most read posts, five long years ago, from the ancient year of 2012.
Top Fly Fishing Posts of 2012
- Switch Rods – Why You Should Try One. 5 reasons you should definitely give them a try if you haven’t by now.
- Bead Fishing for Rainbow Trout. One of our most popular posts since 2009.. 2012 was no exception.
- Bonefish Flies – 5 Favorites for South Andros. A few of our favorites. Hint: They all still work.
- The Intruder. All about one of the most influenctial steelhead patterns to date, from the designer himself.
- King Rig Roundup. How the experts rig up when spey fishing for king salmon.
- Dean River Steelhead Flies – 5 Favorites. Some of our favorite patterns from back in the day.
- Lake Fly Fishing Introduction. George Cook on the basics of stillwater fly fishing.
- Silver Salmon Flies – 5 Favorites. Some of our favorite flies for our ridiculous run of coho at Alaska West.
- Polyleaders – What They Are, Why We Like ‘Em. If you don’t know by now, you should.
- Bananas in the Boat. Your thoughts on one of the oldest superstitions in the boat.